Blog

Advertisements

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk
GoDaddy.com Hosting just $1.99/mo! 125x125

Directories

Live Traffic Feed

free counters

Tutorial: How to Marcot a Plant?

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - - 1 Comments

I'm no expert on marcotting. In fact, this is my very first attempt to do such a thing. It's passion and the love of my plant that drives me to do so. I have this rare kind of plant named Caribbean Jasmine. I've already been to several nurseries but failed to find one.

Bought this plant on a once a year occasion where gardeners gathered during the feast of St. Augustine in our city. The event was called Agro Fair where plants are displayed for sale. Anyway, to make the story short, I wanted to have several of this kind. Tried cutting a matured stalk to be propagated but failed. Did some research and found out that the only safe way to do it is through Marcotting.

This tutorial is based on what I have understood and on the available materials I can find in our area.

Materials Needed:
1 4X8 inces cellopane
2 adhesive tape
scissor
sharp knife cutter
compost soil

Step 1: Select a plant. In my case, I used my Caribbean Jasmine as subject.
Step 2: Select a matured branch. Remove around 2 inches of the skin. See image below

Step 3: Cut the base of the cellophane making it open from top to bottom.

Step 4: Slowly insert the cellophane to the targeted branch. Settle it just below the peeled portion of the branch.

Step 5: Seal the base of the branch with adhesive tape.

Step 6: Pour in the compost soil. Make sure you added a little bit of water to it and also, make sure that the peeled portion are covered with soil.

Step 7: Wrap around the top portion of the cellophane and seal it with tape.

This is it looked:

Enjoy!

This entry was posted on 2:51 AM You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of plants is that